PLOOP! Laugh Your Head Off!!!

Harshyt Goel - Thursday, September 6, 2007 -


Take a minute to pop into PLOOP. As I type this my text editor keeps re-formatting it to say plop, so I have had to actually add the word to my dictionary, or, as ploop would call it, my plooptionary. What is ploop? Well for starters, points on creativity are huge, and at this point I have only spent a few minutes on the site. I could never adequately explain them differently than they have, “The quest for nonsense in the world of business, politics, TV and life is never-ending for ploop, we will leave no stone unturned in exposing the flim-flam, **ploop bleep** and the smokes and mirrors…..We may be cynical but we’re not without vanity.” The opening line on the blog header is “Unearthing idiocy in the world of business, politics, and TV – the glass is never half full”. So now I’ve riddled the first section of my review with quotes, but there is no more accurate means to convey the message of ploop and what it really is. It is drivel (self-proclaimed I must add), idiocy, and really, it is just ploop. It is exactly what it claims to be, and although a little weird at first, I think anyone can be drawn to it if you are looking for some well-written fluff.

When you first get onto the site, recent bloggeries will bring you first to a review of
Paris Hilton’s behind. Scrolling down you find graphic representations on the relationships between a short skirt and the relevancy of your mind on your boyfriends appreciation radar. By that I mean graphic, as in, both an x and a y axis. You will then be drawn to a drawing of a series of Venn Diagrams trying to indicate relationships on uh….rodents? I think? The blog then takes you to a review on the current debate hitting the Internet waves about bloggers making nice in cyberspace. On the right side you will find their archives, or what they call “Past Drivel”, a series of other blogs they qualify as “decent” and a list of links you might find interesting such as Answers needed, great quotes, and a slew of other ploopism links.


I am going with almost 5 here, my nearest to perfect review thus far. Content is spectacular, the writing is very well done. For a site that is self-proclaimed idiocy, it really is, but as I have mentioned you are drawn to it. The site does what it purports to. Uniqueness, well, just take a look at those Venn’s again. WEIRD but cool. Activity points are large as well with as many as 2 posts a day, which I have yet to come across in my reviews. The appearance is good, it looks very bloggy but in this case I think it merits that as it really is just a rambling of many things and that is the traditional use of the blog. The graphics are very very well done and fit in well with the overall theme of the blog. The only appearance comments I would have is to fill up more of the bottom right hand side of the page with – something – maybe ad sense or article links as the site warrants more content. Currently the space is blank and as I was drawn to the site, I would further be drawn to other links if they were added. This could monetize the blog a little bit more. Otherwise what can I say, it’s Ploop! You have to see it to believe, and appreciate ploop for what it really is. Visit it once and I bet you’ll be visiting it again!

No comments: