A Soul Departed......:Poetry

Harshyt Goel - Sunday, October 7, 2007 -

Ever had a friend taken away from you?...felt like theres nothing left here to live for?...well...i have..my best friend Mayank Yadav died on december 24 2005...and at that time..in the depths of despair..i wrote this-

A Soul Departed........

He was my friend,
He was usually there,
Never did I ever think,
He would drift away,

He laughed with me a lot,
In life, such a tiny tot,
Was this a way to go?
And leave me forever to groan,

I wish u were back,
Though wish is all I can,
Never will I know a friend like you,
Clear as the morning dew,

Time goes on,
It waits for none,
You were left on the way,
And we were left to run,

Forever you remain in my heart,
A special place far apart,
You live on through your memories,
As influencing as dark draperies,

I cried a lot when I came 2 know,
So did everyone who knew,
I don’t know how you felt,
But with that, it will never be dealt,

Because you left when we were budding friends,
Going through life and different trends,
You died and I still can’t believe,
Can’t believe, don’t want to believe………….

My hands are cold my feet are wet,
As I know I will forever be in your debt,
Yet I was lucky enough to know you,
Although even for a small due,
Now my mind thinks more deeply,
Koz just look at the first alphabets and understand freely…………


Poet-
Harshyt Goel…...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! who could have known that a person "LIKE YOU" could write such a beautiful piece of literature?

May your friend's soul R.I.P.

Tata